The Channel Tunnel is about 50.5-km thats underwater rail tunnel. It links the Folkestone Kent, of Uk connecting Coquilles, Pas-p-Calais, nearby Calais of northern region in France in the Dover’s Strait underneath the British Funnel. Its about 250 ft much deeper in the lower point. It has one of the longest marine pieces of any tunnel around the globe at 37.9 kms (23.5 mi) where as with Japan, Seikan tunnel can also be long with 53.85 km and deep at 240 M underneath the ocean level.
Sbobet – The Funnel Tunnel acquires biggest transport like worldwide rail freight trains, Eurostar traveler trains of HighHigh-speed. The prime speech railway lines and back-to-back LGV Nord were connected with this tunnel. This tunnel is enlisted as Modern world’s seven wonders by the American Society of Civil Engineers in 1996.
At the begining of 1802, this idea of made an appearance in the mind for building cross-Channel permanent connection, but press pressure and British political pressure over national security slowed down lower the attempt of construction of the tunnel. In year 1988, the eventual construction of Eurotunnel project begins and it ended up being began in 1994. Using its predicted budget, the project came over 80%. This tunnel has find a lot of problems throughout its construction. The whole process of tunnel was disrupted by the fire. This tunnel ended up being used being an entry in U.K. by the prohibited refugee and shelter searchers giving a little sensible discrepancy over sitting of camping of Sangatte refugee and it got closed in 2002.
- Start: Folkestone, Kent, United Kingdom
- End: Coquelles, Pas-de-Calais, France
- Opened: 6 May 1994 (tunnel), 14 November 1994 (passenger service)
- Owner: Eurotunnel
- Operator: Eurotunnel, Eurostar, DB Schenker Rail (UK)
- Character: Through-rail passenger and freight. Vehicle shuttle.
- Line length: 50.45 km (31.35 mi)
- No. of tracks: 2 single track tunnels, 1 service tunnel
- Gauge: 1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) (standard gauge)
- Electrified: 25 kV AC OHLE, 5.87 m
- Operating speed: 160 kilometres per hour (99 mph)